It takes so little but it means so much…
Every year, more than 600 volunteers provide around 5,000 hours of on-site service at Bethlehem Haven. But, even that is not enough. Can you spare an hour a week, or a month, or even just twice a year? It may not seem like much, but it can mean the world to the individuals at Bethlehem Haven.
To help, you can:
- Prepare and/or serve meals
- Coordinate activities for shelter residents like bingo, crafts, games, or manicure nights
- Assist with general office work
- Join our Special Events Committee
- Organize a fundraiser, like a bake sale or car wash (a great way for students to help!)
- Share with us another skill or talent–if you have an idea for a way that you can make a difference, give us a call
Bethlehem Haven’s greatest ongoing need is meal donations. It’s a great way for a group to get involved and interact with the individuals at the Haven. We also accept drop-off meals (or bag lunches) if you cannot find a time for your group to serve and meet the residents. Please contact Amber Jackson at email@example.com or 412-391-1348 x224 to schedule a meal donation.
- Miryam’s provides lunch and dinner for approximately 50 individuals.
- Emergency shelter provides dinner for 30 individuals during the week. Both lunch and dinner is provided on the weekends for 30 individuals.
*Each location is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Bethlehem Haven is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent as allowed by law. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling toll-free within in Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.