It takes so little but it means so much…
Every year, more than 600 volunteers provide around 5,000 hours of on-site service at Bethlehem Haven. But, even that is not enough. Can you spare an hour a week, or a month, or even just twice a year? It may not seem like much, but it can mean the world to the individuals at Bethlehem Haven.
To help, you can:
- Prepare and/or serve meals
- Coordinate activities for shelter residents like bingo, crafts, games, or manicure nights
- Assist with general office work
- Join our Special Events Committee
- Organize a fundraiser, like a bake sale or car wash (a great way for students to help!)
- Share with us another skill or talent–if you have an idea for a way that you can make a difference, give us a call
In-kind gifts comprise a substantial percentage of Bethlehem Haven’s annual budget and make it possible to provide cost-effective services to residents. Due to the overwhelming generosity of our donors, we are only able to accept very specific items. At this time we are not able to accept clothing or toiletries. For questions about donated items please contact Amber Jackson at email@example.com or by phone at 412-463-8583. Thank you.
Bethlehem Haven’s greatest ongoing need is meal donations. It’s a great way for a group to get involved and interact with the individuals at the Haven. We also accept drop-off meals (or bag lunches) if you cannot find a time for your group to serve and meet the residents. Please contact Amber Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-391-1348 x224 to schedule a meal donation.
- Miryam’s provides lunch and dinner for approximately 50 individuals.
- Emergency shelter provides dinner for 30 individuals during the week. Both lunch and dinner is provided on the weekends for 30 individuals.
*Each location is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Bethlehem Haven is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent as allowed by law. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling toll-free within in Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.